The Hathaway Academy demonstrates a clear commitment to the promotion of diversity and equality as highlighted in its Development Plan and other policies and related documents. Our Hathaway Academy shared values underpin our whole Academy behaviour and rewards system.
- aim to create a fair and just community that promotes social inclusion, community cohesion and equality that respects diversity and which challenges and acts upon all forms of discrimination and inequality, including bullying of any sort.
- work actively to celebrate difference and challenge racism, sexism, homophobia and all other forms of prejudice.
- take positive action to promote racial harmony and to promote positive attitudes towards life in a multicultural, multi-ethnic and multi-faith school, through assemblies, the curriculum and special projects throughout the year.
- continuously ensure that all students have equal opportunities to achieve to the best of their ability regardless of their gender, ethnic or racial background, religion, ability or sexuality.
- actively promote the British Values of tolerance, fairness, respect for other faiths, and the rule of law and democracy.