At The Hathaway Academy, we are determined to meet the demand from parents and carers for secondary education with energy, drive and ambition.
- A personal best culture in which parents are confident their son or daughter is being fully stretched and developed
- Emphasis on the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and smart uniform – as well as the best of modern teaching methods and technology
- Teaching that is consistently good and outstanding
- An Academy that nurtures strong interpersonal skills and the aspiration to be successful
- The support and structures to inspire the best in every student whatever their abilities, talents and gifts
- An admissions system that welcomes students of every academic ability
- A culture of involving parents fully with their children’s education and school life in general
- A smart, neat and affordable Academy uniform
- Students and staff who become established as trusted and reliable faces in the local community
- Active support from the Academy Transformation Trust with a clear agenda to develop outstanding schools.
There will be a Faculty Structure, which is similar to a House System, with every student being assigned to a Faculty on their first day at the Academy. There will be healthy competition between Faculties though sport, academic achievement and positive contributions to Academy life. This structure promotes a sense of belonging and a spirit of fun within each student’s education.